Thursday, January 01, 2009

2008-Remembering the Past

This past year was pretty average compared with many of the years previous. We didn't take any big trips, have any job changes or thankfully suffer any injuries too major to mention. Yet, 2008 was still one to remember. Here's what it looked like...

January- I celebrated my 32nd birthday. My second blog of January, though, was one that still hits home. I quoted the words of Robbie Seay Band's song, "New Day" and realized that a new year doesn't always mean a new start for everyone.

February-Gosh I posted a lot! We had huge furnace issues after a company came in and "cleaned" it. I had to endure the fact that our daughter is getting older and then had even more in depth searching as I received a revelation while observing our parakeet.

March- One of my posts dealt with the question of the cyber world making it more and more difficult to have true relationships with others.

April- Caleb and I had Mommy and Son time at a Tigers Game and then we contemplated how to use the government rebate most of us were eagerly waiting for.

May- We conquered the rotting bathroom and had the opportunity to travel to Colorado to visit with Todd's sister. It was my first trip there and I really had a nice time.

June- We finished our bathroom (I still can't believe how it looks now!) then, Hannah had her dance recital.

July- We went to Manistee to camp and enjoy the sun. I had a few goofy posts that were fun to write too! Sadly, it was also the month my Dad was let go of his 35 years at Ford Motor Co.

August- We were able to enjoy the first fruits of my garden, we took a fun trip to Greenfield Village and I even did a few OOPs that month.

September- The kids were back to their old routine (last year of elementary for Hannah!)then I blogged about a proud moment I had.

October- Caleb started flag football for the first time! I also had a scary moment with what I thought was my heart. Between all of that, I participated in a fun skit at church. My biggest quest that month was what it meant to truly love like God loves.

November- Todd and I took a trip to Northern Michigan where Todd performed the ceremony for a former student in his youth group. It was a beautiful place and a wonderful weekend for just the two of us.

December- I celebrated with Todd our 13th wedding anniversary! We also had a holiday with very mixed emotions.


Now, with 2009 upon us, I am back to where 2008 began. I have no idea what lays ahead but I know that God will get us through whatever is to come. I'm ready!

Happy New Year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home