Saturday, August 09, 2008

A Day at Greenfield Village




Recently, our friends, Adam and Kristen passed along tickets to Greenfield Village they had not been able to use. We have not been there as a family since we took Caleb to see Thomas the Tank Engine when he was only 3 or 4. The day was perfect, despite a few down pours here and there. Fortunately, one of them occurred while we were in the school house for a "lesson". I love visiting the historical homes and seeing how simply people used to live. I honestly, would love to live without the distractions we are surrounded by now. The thing I enjoyed the most was watching our kids learn so much about history. There is so much more to learn when you can touch and experience the life of those that came before us. Hannah decided that she would love to work there someday. It was most certainly a day to treasure!

1 Comments:

At 7:19 AM, Blogger Kristen M. said...

I'm glad you had a great day. Ironically, I'm going there tomorrow with my sister (she has a membership). Can't wait.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home