Thursday, August 21, 2008

How to deal with Phone Solicitors

At work, one of my jobs is to field calls for my father in law. We have this "code" that indicates when a phone solicitor is calling. You see, my father in law does not go by his first name. Instead, he uses his middle name. So, when ever someone asks for "Harold", I automatically tell them no one is there by that name, or that he is not available and ask them if they'd like to leave a message. Yesterday, however, the conversation went a little funny. Here's what happened...

"Banner Broach, this is Kim speaking. How may I help you?"

"Yes, is Harold there please?"

"There is no one here by that name. (pause) Would you like to leave a message?"

(LONG pause)

"Uh, no..thanks." (phone disconnects)

I immediately realized what I had said to her and burst out in uncontrollable laughter! My brother in law was in the other office and at first I thought maybe he did not hear what I had said but then he came out and said "OH MY GOSH! That was the best line ever! I have to remember that next time!"

I wish it had been on purpose, but still it was most certainly a good way to stump anyone calling just to "bug" my father in law!

1 Comments:

At 4:52 PM, Blogger Mariana said...

That is great! I have to say though that I did not get it at first lol! It sounded fine to me until like the third time I read it!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home