Thursday, October 23, 2008

Living Out Love


Recently, I was reminded of a post I wrote almost a year ago. It was about the pain that Christians can cause when they become judgmental instead of showing love. If you haven't read it or even if you have, I suggest you take a few minutes to see where I am coming from.

I have several friends who have come under attack from other Christians because they revealed that they are voting for Barak Obama for president. Now, please understand, I'm not talking about Christians who simply give information or share why they are not voting for Obama. I am talking about those that have called some "mentally retarded" because of their choice. I am talking about the comments like, "You've got to be kidding me!" and continual badgering. I wonder who Christ would vote for? Are we really so sure of who Christ would stand with that we are willing to declare one candidate more "godly" than the other? Just some questions for thought.

I realize that there are a lot of tough issues on the line in this election and I have been doing my best to seek God as to who I should cast my vote for. I still struggle with who that is, but I have peace that when I get to the polls and I cast my vote, it will be for who I believe can lead this country to new and better things. I challenge those that have come on the offense to take a step back. If we truly believe that God is in control, we have no reason to fear WHO is elected president. No matter what, God will work his plan and we are simply called to seek His face and follow after Him.

Stop living in fear and start living out love.

3 Comments:

At 2:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sick of people pretending they have the moral high ground in this election. Obviously, I think McCain is the better choice for a variety of reasons, but I know there are a ton of people on the other side who think that Obama is a better choice for a variety of reasons. Both sides have good points. To call someone derogatory names for that choice is ridiculous, and dare I say it--unAmerican. Here in the U.S.A we have the right to cast our vote and to try to get anyone to change his or her mind through name-calling and other childish behavior is deplorable and sick.

You tell your Obama supporter friends that this McCain supporter's got their backs. :)

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger Barb said...

Kim, I put a post up on this on Tuesday. I think that we are talking about the same friend. You can read my post at
http://mhartrick.blogspot.com/

 
At 8:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Completely agree with your post Kim. While our votes are important, showing the Love we've been given is much more important and can really have an eternal impact, (not to mention that we've been called to do so). Thanks for posting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home