Friday, February 22, 2008

We Got Taken



We had American Quality Temperature come yesterday to clean the furnace because we found a coupon for $44.95 and thought it was about time to get it cleaned. I was a bit nervous when I realized the man that came didn't speak English well, but he seemed to know what he was doing. He was here under 30 minutes and when he was done, he turned the furnace back on and the smoke alarm went off and ashes blew out of the furnace. He said it was just dust. When he left the ashes continued to come out every time the furnace kicked on. In addition to the ashes now ALL OVER our laundry room, the smoke alarm went off at least 5 to 6 times at night waking us up. We had to go open the door each time and it was exhausting! The furnace at times would sound like it was EXPLODING as well. I jumped out of bed the first time because it sounded like one of our kids fell out of bed. Thats how loud it was. I called this morning and of course they didn't answer. In addition, they cashed my check already so I couldn't put a stop to it. We called another company that has a good reputation and have to pay more to have the same service performed. I am so frustrated and angry at being scammed. I left bad reviews on yellowpages I have also emailed the company telling them I have pictures of the mess and requesting our money back. I don't expect them to even respond, but I thought I'd try anyway. My lesson learned? "Cheaper is not always better".

4 Comments:

At 4:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This totally stinks. Sorry you got ripped off. I hope you call the BBB too.

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger Kimmy Porter said...

I wasn't sure how to report to the BBB, but you can be sure I will. Air Conditioning Engineers is here to the rescue and it is indeed a mess. The floor is now a gray/black from all the ashes that continue to shoot out. I'm just afraid what this is going to cost after all this.

 
At 9:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is horrible. I'm so sorry for you guys. Hope things are better soon.
~Lois

 
At 11:45 PM, Blogger Kristen M. said...

We had our own furnace experience last month. We were happy with the repair person that came out but it was not without a hefty price tag. I don't know if you read my blog when it happened but I too woke up to what sounded like a huge noise or explosion. It woke me up from a sound sleep and I seriously thought a tree had fallen through the roof or there had been a car accident outside. It was a scary sound.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home