Sunday, October 05, 2008

Polically Tired


I am not one to argue politics. I have always stood with one party and voted for their candidate and called it a day. At least when it came to important elections like this one. This year, however, has been very difficult for me. I came up with a strategy (inspired by a bumper sticker) this time around. I am voting for the presidential candidate that "sucks less". It may sound harsh, but that is what I have come to. Never have I been so torn between the two sides. I have issues that I feel strongly about supported by both presidential candidates and so deciding which one I will actually chose has been a strenuous process. Though, I am almost certain which name I will mark my "x" next to, I still have doubts that he will lead the country out of this growing economic hardship and into prosperity. I feel very strongly that we need to protect the unborn but also do not want the war to continue for many more years. To be honest, once I heard that McCain was drawing out of Michigan, I really wanted to go back to my original decision- to not vote. I know that makes many people angry, but I felt that my decision for who I thought "sucked less" was just lessened. I mean, if I voted for McCain, he wouldn't win anyway. If I voted for Obama, it wouldn't make a difference. After I got over that issue, I decided that every time I become aggravated over having to chose from the two candidates, I will think of the women over seas who don't have a vote. I will hear their voice in my head and even though I can't vote for them in their country, I will vote in honor of them. I hope that somehow that will make my vote less about who "sucks less" and more about the beautiful, strong country we live in that allows me to have a say (however small) in our government leaders.

3 Comments:

At 7:16 PM, Blogger Barb said...

The last time I actualy voted for a president instead of voting for the person who "sucked less" was Ross Perot (no comments please). I am alot like you on this election and the more I talk to people the more I find I am not the only one. We must just keep praying and God will take care of it.

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger Elle Bee said...

My plan is this: I'm voting on VP. I think that either way the votes land, we have a pretty good shot of the VP taking over sometime during the term...

And I think that if ever there were a candidate who was squeaky clean, had made no decisions in the past I didn't disagree with, and was perfect in every way... he'd probably end up being the most dangerous choice for President anyway. Just remember what the service said today: ultimately, God is in control of what happens to us. :)

 
At 11:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, vote for the women who don't have a voice. I seriously just want everyone to vote...of course, I want them to vote less if they vote for "the other guy." Haha...no, seriously, I just want people to vote.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home