Sunday, July 12, 2009

God said "Yes"

I have been holding off posting for quite a while now because I was hoping to wait until I could write this particular blog. For those of you who have been down this very long road with us, I think you will be most happy to know that God has finally pulled back the fog and revealed to us where He is leading. Since Todd left his position as a part time youth pastor 4 years ago, we have held onto the promise that God would put him into ministry full-time. Back then, we thought it was around the corner so we put our home up for sale, sent out resume upon resume, and got ready to go where He lead. God had other plans. He chose to instead, give us four wonderful years of stretching, learning and growing in a deeper faith. We took our home off the market and got plugged into an amazing church. It was painful at times, felt lonely many times but through every step, God has never left us. Even when it felt like He was never going to move, He would reassure us that He wasn't done working yet.

In January, when Todd lost his job, we really felt that the time had come. We had no idea what was ahead but we had an excitement. God showed Himself incredibly as our every need was taken care of even when we had no idea how we would make it to the next week. In the midst of it all, God was setting into motion what will soon take place. Its so overwhelming to think that our prayers are being answered and that God cared so much about us that He took his time to prepare the church He wanted for us.

In August, we will be heading down to a beautiful area in Ohio, where Todd will take the position as youth pastor at a wonderful church called The River Church. We are so excited, nervous and overwhelmed with gratitude as we prepare to move down there. The sale on our home should be finalized soon and we have even secured a beautiful rental that still overwhelms me when I look at it! As we have had the chance to get to know a few people from our new church, we have been even more at peace with the process. I think we will be right at home in no time.

With all of that said, it will still be an emotional "goodbye". Todd and I will be leaving behind our parents and brothers and we will miss having them so close by. We also hate to leave the people we have come to love in our church and our dear friends who have stuck by us. There will be a lot of tears but behind all of them I know will be the knowledge that God is in all of this.

Praise God from whom all blessings flow.

4 Comments:

At 7:41 AM, Blogger Barb said...

Kim I understand all the feelings that you are having. But at least you don't have to think about finding a good church.

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Welcome! Let's just say my husband is excited to have some Michigan Fans on their way!! :D You'll have to come and check out our Michigan Bathroom sometime when you get settled here!

Oh, I'm Ann...I go by Annabelle on my blog. We met at church, I took you and your kids down to their Sunday School rooms! (One of the VBS ladies LOL).

I know things are crazy when moving, if you need any help finding things around here, feel free to get a hold of me, I'll be happy to help!

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger Kimmy Porter said...

Thanks, Ann! I DO remember you and we would LOVE to see your bathroom! Todd is already planning on decorating the spare bedroom in U of M. LOL

 
At 1:12 PM, Anonymous Amy said...

I'm so psyched that Todd found a job. That church is way lucky to have such a cool YP and family headed their way. Praying for you guys as you pack up and move on. I know it's bittersweet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home