Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Back to School!


Yes, today was the official first day of the school year 2007-2008. Hannah is in the 5th grade this year and Caleb is in 3rd grade. Gosh time blows by!

Both had different views on why they did not want to go today. Hannah's friends were all assigned to the teacher Hannah desperately wanted, so she was pretty upset to learn she would be in another classroom. Caleb didn't want to start school because he knew it would interfere with play time with his friends. Surprisingly, though, both arrived home with smiles on their faces and had a lot to tell me. I, personally, was just glad to be able to go to the gym without dragging them with me!
I won't shed any tears today, but inside I am a little sad to see them grown up. At the same time I am excited to see what each year brings them as they develop into the person God created them to be.

Here's to another school year! CHEERS!

2 Comments:

At 4:06 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Goodness grief it hasn't been that long since I've seen them and they look so grown up!

I miss you guys. I miss elementary school!

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger Mama Ginny said...

Those are two of the cutest kids in the world. They must have beautiful parents.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home