Thursday, September 15, 2005

New perspective in the fog.

Here in MI we can get pretty intense fog. Thick, grey clouds that sink down so low that you are unable to see what dangers lie ahead. No matter what kind of head lights you have or how slow you drive, your vision is limited to the small scope of what it wishes to reveal. It can be very frightening out in weather such as this. Your imagination can start to run wild because the possibilites seem endless as to what is truly behind the grey mask.
I find myself in this blinding numb fog as we enter each new turn in this journey. I can only seem to get a month or so ahead and than the blinders come on and I am wandering around with only my faith to guide me. How much more I have had to depend on my Father to take my hand and lead me. I am frightened but strangly at peace knowing that He can see in the faint light.

It has been a few weeks since our disappointing news. Honestly, after a day or so the sadness faded but the questions such as "why" still filled my mind. At this moment, I feel numb. I know that all the hoping and planning cannot make God's plan come to pass. I've come to the acceptance that I will not be able to see more than each month at a time. Still, I am anxious to get past all of this and finally be able to settle down in the place God has picked for us.

1 Comments:

At 12:21 AM, Blogger Jaden's Mom said...

I like that analogy. And, living in Michigan, I can completely understand it! :)

I have had that feeling too, lately, that I am just trying to find my way through the fog. It is frightening and trying, and leaves me weary at times...Yet, in all of it, I am learning what it is to rely on God, to really ABIDE in Him, and to trust Him completely. Priceless lessons.

And, this is all temporary. This too shall pass, and when we're on the other side of the fog, we will see things that reach beyond our wildest imaginations.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home