Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Here It Goes Again!





Once again, summer has flown by us and where once I was blogging about cheap ways to fill our vacation, now it is back to school time. When I asked the kids if they were excited about going back, I got very different responses. Hannah said she was very excited because she was going into 6th grade. Caleb told me flat out "no" (he is in 4th).

In honor of the last day of summer vacation, I created the "no electronics" day yesterday. This meant, no t.v., no video games and no computer (unless you are checking email) from breakfast time until bedtime. It was torture for Caleb who felt that he could not breathe without playing his Nintendo D.S., and I even caught myself wanting to turn on the t.v. to waste some time. Most of the day, though, we filled enough to make everyone too busy to think about it. We had a picnic lunch at Stony Creek Park on the beach then later that evening spent time at a friend's house, catching up with people we had not seen in a long while. The kids were so exhausted from swimming both at the beach and in the evening, it only took a short time before both curled up in their beds fast asleep.

Now, I am once again, home alone as my kids boarded the bus just over 30 minutes ago. I guess I should stop procrastinating and get my butt to the gym!

2 Comments:

At 4:37 PM, Blogger Kristen M. said...

Loved your comment on Adam's blog. I don't consider myself politically savvy but I have to agree with you on that point. Both kid's look great. How did the first day of jr. high go for Hannah? My nephew is also a 6th grader this year and he was a little anxious on Tuesday. It's hard going back to being the little guy on the totem pole again.

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger Kimmy Porter said...

Hannah is actually still in elementary for one more year. Our school goes to 6th. She gets to be the "big girl" on campus as she is not only a 6th grader, but also a safety for the special needs kids. She loves her job too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home