Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Thanks for the house

So many times I have stood in the shower, relaxed in our beautiful backyard, or just took a walk around the neighborhood and have uttered "Thank you, God, for this house". When Todd and I were married 10 years ago we bought a little manufactured home to live in. It was a humble beginning but we were so thankful to have a place of our own. We loved our fireplace, large shed, corner lot, extra parking space... and so on. When we got ready to sell it, we were excited at the possibility to purchase a "real" home in a really nice town. The home were bought was actually smaller than the previous, but it was ours and we loved it.

And now things are so different.

What once gave me security, now threatens to take it all away. What once was a pleasure to clean for guests, is now stressful to clean for prospective buyers. We have needed to sell our house for a while, but a lot of "things" held us back. Things we couldn't do much about until we were able to borrow money to cover the expense. Now it has been on the market since August, and few people have come through.

A light of hope emerged on Sunday. A sweet couple with two little kids came to check it out and were so enthusiastic! It felt so good to have someone else see the value and beauty of our little house. Our agent tells us that they are checking with a morgage company.

Now, we just need an offer.

I still feel so thankful that we had this warm, cute house to call "home". I am sad that we have to leave it behind, only because there are so many memories from the past four years. Right now, our plan is to move in with my in laws so we can save a little money and be able to move quickly when Todd is offered a job. It is scary, exciting, and unbelievable at the same time. I can't wait to see what God has in store for us. Maybe, it won't include a house, but I am content to go where ever He leads.

Thanks, God, for giving us this house. We're ready to give it back now.

3 Comments:

At 2:50 AM, Blogger Jaden's Mom said...

Wanna know somethin' really sad?

You've been in that house four years, and I've never even been out for a visit! Doh!

Still, I pray you are able to sell it soon. While I have not been in your exact situation, I do know what it's like to have your circumstances take a turn, and you suddenly find yourself unable to keep up with expenses...it is very stressful!!! I pray that your house will sell soon, that your financial burdens may be lifted, and God will give you guys a fresh start!!

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger Adam McLane said...

Kim, thank you for this post. You are such an excellent writer. Each time I read one of your posts I always end up talking about them.

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger sonflowergurl said...

I'm praying your house sells quickly and that family will just be in love with it!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home