Friday, June 27, 2008

Sand, Sun and Water


Manistee 2007


We didn't plan many activities this week except one: the beach. All week, I promised the kids that we would go back to Stony Creek Park and visit the beach on Thursday. Since Thursday started out a little slow, I decided to text Todd and ask him to come with us. He usually gets off at 12:30p on Fridays so I suggested that he leave early Thursday instead and join us. Around 2 pm we headed out to the park and the weather couldn't have been better. The sun was hot, the wind was blowing and the water was actually not too cold. Todd crashed on the beach blanket and I stayed by his side soaking up skin damaging rays for most of the 2 hours we were there. The kids spent every moment in the water. We did take a break to get ice cream and I ventured out to test the water for a short time. We haven't had a chance to do anything so relaxing as a family in a very long time. I really enjoyed it!

Now, I am surrounded by suitcases, piles of clothes and a list of unending things to pack. We will be leaving for Manistee on Monday and inevitably we forget something, so I am determined to remember as much as possible. I can't wait to enjoy the sand in my toes, the big bubbling waves and the entire atmosphere that comes with camping. I even enjoy sleeping in a tent. There is something about sitting around a campfire, laughing and playing cards to all hours and then slipping into the warm sleeping bag to sleep that just makes me happy. (Maybe not the midnight trips to the bathroom, though!)

I promise to post some great picture when we return!

1 Comments:

At 12:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that picture of Caleb!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home