Thursday, June 05, 2008

I swear...

Today was the last day that I will hopefully have to take a shower at the gym or bath out of necessity. I told Todd I was taking a shower at home on Friday and I meant it. I realize that both get me just as clean, but there is something about having privacy when you shower.

After my trip to the gym and breakfast with my mom, I headed to the school for "field day". Field day is suppose to be a fun time for the kids to rotate to different stations where they play things like "relay races", "hula-hoop" and "sack races". I was assigned to the T-ball area and thought it sounded pretty simple. Give them two balls to hit, have them retrieve them for the next person and so on. The first group was 3rd graders and they seemed to get the directions okay. Then came the four grade and it went fairly smooth as well. Suddenly, though, several older groups came and it all went down hill from there. I think over half of the teachers had substitutes and all of the substitutes (minus the one who happened to bring a whistle) could care less about being there. Even some of the teachers would sit around talking completely ignoring what was unfolding before them. I had many kids in the out field throwing balls into the t-ball area, children grabbing the bats and balls and hitting in every direction, boys who took 5 turns before the girls even got up to bat and then at the end of the rotation, when the alarm sounded for them to switch, the children would hit multiple balls out all over the field and then leave them.

After having balls and bats coming inches from my face I have decided to swear off field day...FOREVER.

That is unless they can assign me to something easier like hula hoop or bubblegum blowing.

2 Comments:

At 11:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Teachers always call off for "special events" like field day. I remember being so disappointed as a kid that my teacher wasn't there to see me fall on my face. I've never been athletically incline, you know.

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger Kimmy Porter said...

yeah, I wasn't either! lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home