Thursday, January 31, 2008

32


Today is my thirty-second birthday and I have to admit I am excited. At 5 am this morning, Todd kissed me goodbye and after that I couldn't go back to sleep. I laid in my nice warm bed thinking about what I had planned, and as simple as my day is going to be, I actually had butterflies in my stomach! This year, my age just doesn't seem to matter. I'm not sure if its because I've had 2 years to adjust to the big "3-0" or if I am just ready to embrace getting older. Whatever the reason, I feel good. My plans today consist of meeting my mom for lunch at Red Lobster, doing a little shopping and getting my HAIR done at a nice salon. The latter makes me most excited because it has been a year and a half since I've stepped into a salon that actually makes me feel a little glamorous. Usually, I visit the local "$10 Special" salon to get my split ends cut off. Today, I want to feel special. Today, I am splurging just a bit because after 3 pm my day of fun ends and my "mom" job takes over. So, for the next 5 1/2 hours, I celebrate my body getting older and hopefully my brain getting just a bit wiser.

Happy Birthday to me!

8 Comments:

At 12:06 PM, Blogger Todd Porter said...

And you are still really hot!

 
At 12:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, Todd makes it hard to comment... is this a private blog? :) You two get a room or something!

Happy Birthday! I hope you have some great fun and you enjoy getting pampered. Todd told me he was going to rub your feet for like an hour at least... so nice of him!

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger Kimmy Porter said...

Wow, I can't wait!! :)

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger Kristen M. said...

Happy Birthday Kim. Did you enjoy your pampering? My friend Becky's birthday is today...same year too!

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger Kimmy Porter said...

Yes, I loved the pampering. I actually know someone with the same birth day too (though he is older)! I guess it was a good day to be born. :)

 
At 5:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a really pretty pic of you, you gorgeous lady. Sorry about the half-nekkid chicks coming out of the cake. Oh, well, at least it's funny.

 
At 9:07 PM, Blogger Kimmy Porter said...

Thanks, Amy! Actually it did make me laugh. No harm done!

 
At 11:00 PM, Blogger ENJOY LIFE said...

That is a beautiful picture of you!! You are the best SIL a girl could have. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home